February 1, 2009

Quotes 2/1/09

Upon the subject of education, not presuming to dictate any plan or system respecting it, I can only say that I view it as the most important subject which we as a people can be engaged in.
Abraham Lincoln

Civilization is the art of living in towns of such size the everyone does not know everyone else.
Julian Jaynes

I cannot and will not cut my conscience to fit this year's fashions.
Lillian Hellman

I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals. I'm a vegetarian because I hate plants.
A. Whitney Brown

Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business.
Tom Robbins

1 comment:

  1. The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.


    www.lovelustandbuttercups.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete